Thursday, July 9, 2009

Nothing happening

I am a great fan of Hugh Prather and love all his books, especially his ‘notes to myself-my struggle to become person’. (I also love the book because it was given by a very dear and sweet friend, during my turbulent phase, just after college) Hugh’s reflections and the struggle to come to terms with his life simply represent the struggle of many such persons.
In my quest to find a purpose of my life, I think it is a struggle for me to be a person. During last couple of days, I lost some intensity in my pursuit; was struggling to retain the same intensity and hence was reminded of the above mentioned book.
I observed that I have lost some intensity and focus in pursuing my goal. Trying to understand why? But when I went to PN meditation centre today, I learned that there are many who even after so many years are nowhere near their objective. It made me realize that the path is not straight and upward but more of zig-zag and with no certainty of time required nor of results. In short no predictability.
But learnt one thing that there is no short cut to enlightenment and will have to make lots and lots of effort. So preparing myself for the long journey ahead. No mood to report more
Till next time bye

No comments:

Post a Comment