Friday, July 10, 2009

FACING TRAGEDY

Woke up in morning to hear the news that my collegiate Rajan Kelkar (my college friend) is no more. RK was ailing for sometime. Just two three months ago we learnt that RK was detected with cancer in food pipe, But never expected the end to be so soon. Felt that when a cancer is detected you normally have 3-4 years but this abrupt demise was really shocking.
My second college mate to go much earlier then expected. Anyway the first one committed suicide so sympathy was more for those he had left behind. But here it was sad.

Early forty is not a age to die. you are neither here nor there. nor too young to have anyone depend on you nor too old that your dependents have started becoming independent. Really mankind must appeal to GOD to change some of his rules and not tak eaway at such sensitive age.

Though by controlling my thoughts I controlled my emotions thereby not shedding any tears. But still when I saw RK's 12 year daughter standing in the balcony crying vehemently and with hands pointing in direction on road where RK's body was being placed in ambulance for the final journey, it made me weak and emotional. What will remain in my memory for long time is scene of his daughter crying till her father's mortal body was visible and after being placed in ambulance the way she cried "Aai Aai" and went running inside to her mother seeking comfort from mother for her sufferings. Really this was not a age to die.

But in city we see so many such tragedies that we somehow will get used to this one also

God give peace to RK and happiness to his Daughter. It was nice knowing you

No comments:

Post a Comment